No Popular Articles in this month
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Media Peternakan (MP) aims to publish original research results and reviews on farm tropical animals, such as cattle, bufalloes, sheeps, goats, pigs, horses, poultry, as well as non domesticated Indonesian endemic animals, such as deers, anoa, babirusa, etc.
Media Peternakan (MP) encompasses a broad range of research topics in tropical animal sciences: breeding and genetics, reproduction and physiology, nutrition, feed sciences, agrostology, animal products, biotechnology, behaviour, welfare, health, livestock farming system, socio-economic, and policy.
Peer Review Process
The suitability of manuscripts for publication in Media Peternakan is judged by peer reviewers and editorial board. All the review process are conducted in blind review. Chief Editor handles all correspondence with the author and makes the final decision as to whether the paper is recommended for acceptance, rejection, or needs to be returned to the author for revision.
Chief Editor and Section Editors will evaluate the submitted papers on praqualification step for suitability of further review process. The manuscripts will be evaluated by two or three qualified peer reviewers selected by Chief Editor and Section Editors. The peer reviewers should examine the manuscript and return it with their recommendation to the Chief Editor or Section Editors as soon as possible, usually within 3 weeks. If one of peer reviewers recommend rejection, the Chief Editor will ask a third reviewer or Section Editors to decide the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Papers needing revision will be returned to the authors, and the author must return the revised manuscript to the Chief Editor via OJS of Media Peternakan. Chief Editor send the revised manuscript to Section Editors to check whether the manuscript is revised as suggested by peer reviewers. Sections Editors could give recommendation to Chief Editor that the manuscript should return to authors, accept, or reject within 2 weeks. After acceptance by Section Editors, manuscript is forwarded to technical editor to be layout for editorial board meeting. Chief Editor would send an acceptance letter announcing the publication issue attached with manuscript reprint to authors.
There are three steps of revision process by authors: 1) revision manuscript to accomodate peer reviewer suggestions within 2-4 weeks; 2) revision to accomodate Section Editors suggestions within 2-4 weeks (if any); and 3) revision to accomodate editorial meeting suggestions within 1 weeks (if any). Manuscripts that exceed the revision deadline will be withdrawn. Authors may request for extension to Chief Editor before the revision expires. The time interval from the date the manuscript is submitted to the acceptance for publication varies, depending on the time required for review and revision.
Manuscripts are rejected usually for 3 general reasons: 1) The topic of manuscript does not fit in the journal scope and may be better suited for publication elsewhere. 2) The substance of the manuscripts does not meet Media Peternakan standards; the data may be incomplete; the methodology used is not appropriate; lack of novelties and no advancement of the existing knowledge; or there are no consistency among objectives, research design/method, evidence, and conclusion. 3) Manuscript are not written following Media Peternakan guidelines in Intruction to Authors. These manuscripts may be rejected without review process. Manuscripts could also be rejected in the review process if Authors do not revise the manuscripts as suggested by reviewers and editorial board, also do not give response/rebuttal against the suggestions.
If manuscript is rejected, the author will be notified by Chief Editor with a statement of reasons for rejection. The author may appeal to Chief Editor if he or she believes an unfair judgement has been made which enclose the author’s reasons. Chief Editor will review and discuss the reasons with Section Editors responsible for the manuscript, and later decide whether to accept or deny the appeal.
The author(s) will receive the final version of the manuscript as a PDF file. PROOF of all manuscripts will be provided to the corresponding author. The PROOF should be read carefully, checked against the typed manuscript, and the corrections may be returned within 3 days. Authors submitting manuscripts should understand and agree that copyright of manuscripts published are held by Media Peternakan. The statement to release the copyright to Media Peternakan is stated in Form A. Copyright encompass exclusive rights to reproduce, to distribute, and to sell any part of the journal articles in all form and media. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media will be allowed only with a written permission from Media Peternakan.
Media Peternakan is published three times a year in April, August, and December
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
How To Register
- Author should register in Register menu.
- Author should fulfill the form, especially on the star mark. On the Confirmation Register section, please give your selection as author, reviewer, or both of them. After all the form was filled, click on "Register" to process the registration.
- Please go to User Home and select your role as Author. In Active Submission, click on "Click here: to go to step one of the five-step submission process".
- These are the five-step submission process:
- Step 1. Starting the Submission
On the Journal Section, select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Articles. Author has to check-mark on the submission checklists. Author is able to give brief information to Editor about the submitted manuscript on the Comment form. Please click on the "Save and continue" button to go to the further step.
- Step 2. Entering the Submission's Metadata.
Author should enter metadata of all authors engaged in the writing process. The information of manuscript title, abstract, and keywords must be filled in the textbox.
- Step 3. Uploading the Submission
To upload manuscript to this journal, author should click Browse to find the manuscript file on the hard drive. Choose the file and click Upload button. Once the submission is uploaded, click Save and Continue on the bottom of this page.
- Step 4. Uploading Supplementary Files
The supplementary file should be uploaded is form A, consisting of Statement of Originality and Copyright Release Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the file, click on Upload button, and click on Save and Continue.
- Step 5. Confirming the Submission
Author has to check that all documents are complete. To submit the manuscript to Media Peternakan, click Finish Submission button. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission's progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal website.
Author is able to trace the submission manuscript status, including manuscript review and editorial process by logging in to the journal web.
Abstracting and Indexing
- SCOPUS [https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/21100456790]
- Emerging Sources Citation Index [http://mjl.clarivate.com/cgi-bin/jrnlst/jlresults.cgi?PC=MASTER&ISSN=*2615-790X]
- Scimago Journal Rank (Media Peternakan) [http://www.scimagojr.com/journalsearch.php?q=21100456790&tip=sid&clean=0]
- SINTA [http://sinta2.ristekdikti.go.id/journals/detail?id=677]
- Garuda [http://garuda.ristekbrin.go.id/journal/view/11605]
- ASEAN Citation index [http://www.asean-cites.org/aci_search/journal.html?b3BlbkpvdXJuYWwmaWQ9MTEyNjU]
- Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ) [https://doaj.org/toc/2615-790X]
- Dimensions [https://app.dimensions.ai/discover/publication?order=times_cited&search_text=tropical%20animal%20science%20journal&search_type=kws&search_field=full_search&or_facet_source_title=jour.1321314]
- CAB [https://www.cabdirect.org/]
- EBSCOhost [https://www.ebsco.com/title-lists]
- Google scholar [https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=hHx5q8gAAAAJ&hl=id]
- PKP INDEX [http://index.pkp.sfu.ca/index.php/browse/index/3568]
Animal Scientist's Society of Indonesia